If you’re here you’re likely looking for more than what’s on resume or LinkedIn
This content was originally on a google sheet and you can view it there, if you prefer.
Self identified (current):
- Curious for context
- Passionate about purpose
- Protective of people
- I often experience challenging levels of high expectations for myself and others
- I often experience challenging levels of tenacity and loyalty to missions and people
- Because of this I struggle with finding strength to change what I can, serenity to accept what I cannot, and especially the wisdom to know difference
3 things I’m working on demonstrating (in addition to above)
Give and Take
Try it yourself (free) https://www.adamgrant.net/give-and-take-assessment
Mine (15 Feb 2019)
60% Giver, 33% Matcher, 7% Taker
Although we all do a mix of the three, groundbreaking research demonstrates that we each have a primary style, or a default tendency. According to your ratings, your primary style is giver. This means that in your interactions with others, your core motivation is to contribute as much as you can. You probably spend many of your waking hours helping others, connecting people who can benefit from knowing each other, and offering mentoring and advice.
Try it yourself (cost) https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/home/en-us/strengthsfinder
Mine (3 Aug 3015)
- Input have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
- Learner have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Analytical search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
- Context enjoy thinking about the past. They understand the present by researching its history.
- Intellection characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.
Strengthsfinder 7 page
Strengthsfinder 19 Page
VIA character strengths
Try it yourself: (free) https://www.viacharacter.org/www/Character-Strengths-Survey
Mine: (9 Jan 2019)
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides; not jumping to
conclusions; being able to change one’s mind in light of evidence; weighing all
Regulating what one feels and does; being disciplined; controlling one’s appetites and
Being careful about one’s choices; not taking undue risks; not saying or doing things
that might later be regretted.
Speaking the truth but more broadly presenting oneself in a genuine way and acting in
a sincere way; being without pretense; taking responsibility for one’s feelings and
5: Love of learning
Mastering new skills, topics, and bodies of knowledge, whether on one’s own or
formally; related to the strength of curiosity but goes beyond it to describe the
tendency to add systematically to what one knows.
6: Perspective 7: Fairness 8: Bravery 9: Creativity 10: Leadership 11: Curiosity 12: Love 13: Teamwork 14: Humility 15: Forgiveness 16: Perseverance 17: Kindness.
18: Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence 19: Gratitude 20: Hope 21: Social intelligence
22: Humor 23: Zest 24: Spirituality
Try it yourself (free) grouped with mine for comparison https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/personality-quiz/?group=-LX0c756hy0lIdU7f46c
Mine: (25 Jan 2019)
- Openness to experience 46 out of 100
- Agreeableness 50 out of 100
- Conscientiousness 67 out of 100
- Negative emotionality. 54 out of 100
- Extraversion 58 out of 100
Career Leader report
Try it yourself (cost)+about https://www.careerleader.com/
Mine: (12 Jul 2015)
1. Managing People and Teams (91)
Interested working with and through others on a day-to-day basis to accomplish
concrete business goals. Enjoy leading teams, and prefer line management to
2. Application of Technology (73)
Interested in learning about and using new technologies. Enjoy analyzing and
designing (or redesigning) business processes such as production and operations
3. Enterprise Control (69)
Interested in setting business strategy and having the power to ensure that the strategy is carried out. Ultimately want general management role.
4. Theory Development and Research (62)
Interested in high-level abstract thinking about business issues, and the theory (as
well as the practice) of business strategy. Enjoy doing in-depth research.
5. Coaching and Mentoring (61)
Enjoy helping develop employees and others to reach their fullest potential. Often
prefer work with high social values, and organizations with a collaborative culture.
6. Creative Production (45) 7. Influencing Others (44) 8. Quantitative Analysis (13)
Try it yourself (free) https://www.mindtime.com/
Mine (19 Feb 2019)
- Practical knowledge from data; insight from other people’s learning
- A thorough competency to get things done and measure their success
- A need to evaluate what is known and bring insight and clarity to discussions
- The capacity to weigh the pros and cons before making a decision
- A love of your favorite things; you are somewhat nostalgic and attached to the way things were
- A loyalty and trust in certain people built on years of experiences
Personal Strengths Survey by PDP Global
Try it yourself (free) https://www.my.pdpworks.com/surveyLink/NV4YXNHG
Mine (10 Jun 2020)
- Dominance vs supportiveness midline toward supportive
- Extroversion vs reservedness midline toward reserved
- Pace Patience toward urgency patient side of midline
- Conformity: systems toward independence systems side of midline
- Logic vs feeling/intuition: logic side of midline
- Examine empirical
- Allegiance (Center of thrust and stenacity)
- Allegiance—Follow through, supportive style; dedicated to completing predetermined project
- Energy Level: Zone 4 midline
- With this means of accomplishing a task, you should be productive and even with diversionary activities. In your own mind you can accommodate additional areas of interest or meet energy demands of extracurricular goals and activities.
Try it yourself (requires invite from company paying for screening) https://www.ondemandassessment.com/
Mine (14 Mar 2021)
Your most notable traits are:
- Moderately Assertive
- Moderate Openness to Experience
- Moderately Patient
Multi-rater survey (pre Business School 360 Evaluation)
About: `The UNC Kenan-Flagler Pre-MBA Managerial Assessment is an instrument developed to provide feedback and a developmental focus to students about their strengths and development needs.
In addition to your Self Survey, you also have:
Manager (s) = 2
Peers = 4
Direct Reports = 3
Total Respondents = 9
Summary: I placed on average a point above the average at UNC-KF on all dimensions (Detail Available on request -sensitivity of others’ info)
Available by request (sensitivity of others’ information):
- to people who knew me at any stage of life and can comment on my work then, including:
- Direct Reports (2007-2015)
- Supervisors (2003-2021 Present possible but delicate in job searches)
- Peers (2003-Present)
- Fellow veterans (2003-Present)
- Fellow Product Managers (2016- Present)
- Engineers (2016-Present)
- Designers (2017-Present)
- Fellow MBA students of all specialization (2015-Present)
- More by request
- Annual Performance Evaluations from work
- at IBM as Product manager
- Summary of all Fitness Report evaluations as US Marine Corps Officer