I havent posted in quite a while which in and of itself makes posting a higher barrier. Some wild things have happened since I last posted (and I will likely post and back-date to when they were more relevant later.) Major things that have happened
- Youngest daughter recovered from month long hospitalization -hardest thing wife and I have ever done. We’re very grateful.
- Wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, it was wonderful, we did a week on Oahu Hawaii. My parents stayed with our girls, for which we are very grateful.
- My wife and I have built a life and partnership that is mutually supportive and fulfilling. That allows us to provide for and care for our girls, which gives me a deep satisfaction if a constant struggle day to day. All of which I am very grateful for.
- I was born thirty eight years ago, and have lived a meaningful and blessed life so far. I received many generous gifts (especially ones that enabled the above anniversary trip, thanks family!) and thoughtful notes from friends. For which I am grateful.
- I have yet to write the longer-form pieces I want to on what I learned about product management working on volunteering in the chaos of the American war in Afghanistan’s withdrawal. I wish we had been able to do more but we did help some, and it emphasized how good we do have it, for which I am grateful.
- We saw the Dodd decision in essence repeal the Roe decision, but at the very moment still have protection for some level of abortion access as a part of womens healthcare in North Carolina and do not yet need to uproot our lives and move to another state so that my wife and daughters can access the healthcare they need. For which I am grateful.
- We have all seen the absurd tech storied of the crypto exchange meltdowns and Twitter descending further into chaos, but I have been spending much less time on those, for which I am grateful.
- The economy has begun its slide into recession, and the Fed seems determined to drive us there. But the company that employs me seems to be decently positioned as compared to other tech companies and while it is talking hiring and expense freezes is not yet talking layoffs. For which I am grateful.
As you can see, lots is happening and there’s lots to be grateful for. I think I will try to write more here again soon instead of letting it go so long.